Quote of the day: “I’d have been dead a long time ago if not for my friends, one of whom had just jumped off the cliff after me.
I’d have been a lot more appreciative if he hadn’t pushed me first." Cassandra Palmer ― Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance
Friday, July 9, 2010
Natasha 2 comments
I seen this for a while, and never thought to see what it was all about, then I went on Along for the Ride 's blog and finally found out what it was all about. Then I went right over to Crazy for Books and signed up! You should as well. It's a great way to connect with other blogs and get to know the other bloggers!
Alrighty then, on to his week's question: Tell us about some of your favorite authors and why they are your favorites!
If I tell about all my favorite authors, I think I would need a good 5 posts to explain their greatness... but I'll try to narrow the names down.... the main word is, "try". LOL
(I'm going to call them by their first names, not that I'm on first name basis with them..but I'll pretend) ;)
1. Kim Harrison- I found Kim's Hollows series by chance one night at the book store, looking for a good book for the night. And did I ever find a great book. Kim is So very intelligent. She get's all the facts on her backgrounds and cultures in the book, and describes everything to a T. There's so many facts in each book, that this series really is educational. (Mostly containing religion/culture and even history). She really knows how to make up an amazing fantasy world. I get lost in it every time I open one of her books. I cannot wait for her next book!
2. Richelle Mead- Richelle is amazing. I started out reading her Succubus series, and I was immediately addicted. So addicted that after I read every book that was out in that series at the time, that I went out finding if she wrote any other series. And lucky for me she did. She has 3 VERY awesome series. Two adult and one YA. All three are full of adventure, fantasy, romance and excitement! She really is a brilliant author! One great series is hard enough, but 3??? What a woman! ;) he he
3.Jeaniene Frost - I can't say enough good things about Jeaniene. Her Night Huntress series is one of my favorite series ever. I could brag all day about Cat and Bones, and their relationship. Jeaniene knows exactly what we want for a Vampire romance / Urban Fantasy. She always has excitement and her lusty scenes are HOT HOT HOT! Now she has another series out as well; a spin off of her Night Huntress series called Night Huntress World. I love that now we get more of her other characters that we love and want to see happy. She really knows how to write amazing characters!
4.Jocelynn Drake- I found Jocelynn when she only had one book out. (Night Walker)
And I thought, how is this not the most popular series right now?!?! (It could have been in other places, I just meant at my store). Once I started reading Mira and Danaus and their love/hate relationship I was in love! I LOVE that Jocelynn knows how to write an amazing protagonist that is a kick butt female vampire. There may be many female vampires, but Mira is original in every way. I cannot describe how good her character is writen. Jocelynn, thank you! LOL
5.J.R Ward- J.R Ward is a genius. If you could tape what and how men think, that is what you would read in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She has made the best male protagonist series ever! There, I said it. Each book is very addicting and powerful. Full of emotion and excitement. Don't forget the romance. Oh boy!
When I read what a brother is saying, I truly feel a male is thinking and saying what is being said. I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she does. She owns Dark Fantasy/Paranormal romance. :)
6. Ilona Andrews- Ilona is a new favorite of mine. I recently won a signed copy of Magic Bleeds and thought, I have to start this series. Once I did, I read all the 4 books in the series in less than 3 days. I was hooked. She makes Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy books, and she really knows what she's doing. Kate is the protagonist of the series, and what a main character she is. She's tough and a trained killer. She made an amazing series, with amazing characters. I look forward to her other books!
6. Laurell K. Hamilton- Love her. I know some people love her and many are so found of her newer books. But I stuck through all the Anita Blake series, and loved every book. Laurell is very talented and has been writing great vampire and faerie books for years. Her Anita black series started before the vampires were the new craze, and she did them great. I love her writing, she describes everything perfect and when she describes a scene I feel as if I really am there. Her Merry Gentry series is also amazing. I became hooked on that about 2 or 3 years back and I don't regret it one bit! She really knows how to make a series last.
7. Karen Marie Moning- What NOT not love about Karen. She made the Highlander series and The Fever series! Two of the most popular series lately. (Ones that have already started anyway, in my opinion.) In her Highlander series, writes a beautiful story full of history and love. It's HOT! Her Fever series, now that's an amazing series! Mac and her halo, Barrons my love...she really knows how to tease a person, doesn't she? Barrons is a complicated and mysterious character, she really had an amazing day when she thought up of him I bet! *day dreams*. I CANNOT wait for Shadowfever. Tick Tick Tick! Come onnn January!
I have many more I would love to explain but I took up enough space already, so I'll just name another 10 of my favorites. And that really narrowing it down. I swear.
Okay.. and Jennifer Rardin! And Lori Handeland, and Sharon Ashwood, and Mandy M. Roth, and SUNNY, and Jennifer Armintrout AND last but certainty not least.. Jenna Black!
Ok, that is more than 10 I know.. but it's too hard! Come onn, give me a break! :)
*Authors are in no particular order.*