Friday's Favorite! - Supernatural of the week!
Karen Marie Moning is an AMAZING author. I LOVE her work and she always seems to write an amazing book. One book in particular I've been dying to read is Shadow Fever. Come onnn Januray!!! Throughout the whole FEVER series, I was a Barrons fan. Jericho Barrons is perfect. I love his character 100%. I don't think she could have made him any better, and I will be soo sad once Shadowfever is read and over and I will not have anymore Barrons. He really is THAT great.
So it's a bit obvious who my Friday's Favorite is huh? It's:
Jericho Barron's from the Fever series.
Both pictures aren't exactly what I'd pic, but Karen has said that Eric(The second picture) is where her inspiration came from for Barrons. So that's pretty dead on.
Either way, he's handsome and I LOVE Barrons. That's why he's this weeks pick.
I found this on Karen Marie Moning's Forum:
Important Information Revealed From These Books:
• Jericho has Druid and knowledge of dark magic abilities, such as, voice, spells, protection wards, speaks with a strange language Mac doesn’t understand.
• Jericho has an extreme level of knowledge of the Fae, their relics and history.
• Jericho had the D’Jai Orb, a Seelie relic from Adam’s royal house – does this mean he is linked to Adam in some way?
• Fae have been linked to Samhain (October 31) and have been rumored to walk the earth in full glamour on this night.
• Jericho’s birthday is October 31 – is there significance in this?
• Jericho says Fiona may be able to identify the many mouthed Unseelie Mac saw. How? Does she have a book similar to Gabby’s?
• Jericho may be Fae – he has heighten speed, can see the Fae, talk to the Fae, possibly alter space around him, knew that the Lord Master was NOT Fae and has excessive strength.
• According to Inspector O’Duffy the book store appeared to be non-existent and Derek O’Bannion was amazed that the book store was so large inside. This may lead us to wonder if the book store is an illusion, perhaps not real in the human sense of things. This points to Jericho possibly being Fae or at least part Fae.
• Jericho may have spoken the ancient Tuatha De tongue.
P. 43 (Paperback)
"He studied me with his predator's gaze, assessing me from head to toe. I studied him back. He didn't just occupy space; he saturated it. The room was full of books before, now it was full of him. About thirty, six foot two or three, he had dark hair, golden skin, and dark eyes. His features were strong, chiseled. I couldn't pinpoint his nationality any more than I could his accent; some kind of European crossed with Old World Mediterranean or maybe an ancestor with dark Gypsy blood."
"I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl." - Barrons
Karen Marie Moning
"Four: If you try to force yourself into my head, I will force myself into your pants."
"He raised a brow. 'Petunia, Ms. Lane?'
I scowled. "Ass, Barrons."
— Karen Marie Moning (Darkfever)
"Last night you said you wanted to know what to expect so you could better select your attire. I told you
we were going to visit a vampire in a Goth-den tonight. Why, then, Ms. Lane, do you look like a perky
Quote of the day: “I’d have been dead a long time ago if not for my friends, one of whom had just jumped off the cliff after me.
I’d have been a lot more appreciative if he hadn’t pushed me first." Cassandra Palmer ― Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance