Hi everyone! I can't believe Halloween is tomorrow! I'm a day late in posting this guest post, so I apologize. I'm happy to say Amber Scott is guest posting here today! Welcome Amber!
In between naptimes and dishes, Amber Scott escapes into her characters' fates, loves, and complications. A native Nevadan she now makes her home in Phoenix, AZ with her husband and two children. She enjoys contributing monthly interviews with industry insiders at 1stTurningPoint.comand loves to blog at her weblog and at PlotMamas.com. She's addicted to chocolate, often burns dinner and still believes in happily ever after.
If you're going to write a witch tale...
Here are 6 tips to help get you in the mood:
1. Spell cards--whether to attract a lover or hex an ex, these little recipes will get your mind in tune with the power of words. Since ancient times, people believed spoken words held real energy and traveled forth, seeking out the intended and carrying out intentions.
2. Talismans--crystal balls, energy stones, runes, even dream catchers symbolize the magic and depending on your witch, can give you direction. A Druid priestess needs a cauldron. A Voodoo priestess, needs a voodoo doll.
3. Witchy music--Deftones' "Minerva"; Interpol's "Lights"; Enya's "Fallen
Embers"; Phil Thornton's "Samhain"; Florence and the Machine's "Blinding" or "Cosmic Love."
4. Magic 8 Ball--because when you ask it about a plot point, it will only take you three tries to see you already know the answer.
5. A black cat--real or fake, stuffed and fuzzy. In folklore it was said a witch drew her power from a black cat staring into her fire. And every good magician needs an animal guide. So why not stick to tradition?
6. Watch a witchy movie--Season of the Witch, Practical Magic, Any Harry Potter, Death Becomes Her, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Beastmaster or Bewitched can all get you in a mood for a good hexing, dark or light.
Now, on to the giveaway!
Amber has offered an ARC copy of "The Best Revenge" to one lucky winner!
Giveaway ends November 17th
Fill out the form below to enter!