The Avengers (3D) 2012
Length: 143 mins
Release Date: May 4th, 2012
Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.
"And there came a day, a day unlike any other... when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat... to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand... on that day, The Avengers were born. "
Where to start? It was action packed and filled with testosterone. Exciting, thrilling and even a bit funny. The effects were very well done and high budget(obviously). The cast was unique to say the least. Each "hero" has a certain charm and trying to fit them together comfortably seemed a bit tedious, but it was well worth it.
Stark 'Robert Downy Jr.' was his usual witty, self absorbed, yet charming self. Captain America 'Chris Evans' shone through with his loyal and kind spirit and kick ass moves.
Hulk 'Mark Ruffalo' was a surprise for me. I wasn't ever really a Hulk fan. Nothing against it, just didn't get into it that much. After seeing his character in this film, I've grown to really respect his character. I wouldn't want to have his abilities...(too many ruined shirts..oh, and the anger would be kinda stressful..) but I still think his strength and ability to withstand anything something to be reckoned with.
The Black Widow 'Scarlett Johansson' was swift and bad ass. For the most human of the bunch, she could really hold her own. Her fight scenes were particularly precise and calculated. I wouldn't want to go one on one with her.
Hawkeye 'Jeremy Renner' was my least favorite. Nothing personal, because he could really kick ass with a bow and arrow. I just felt his part, no matter how big, didn't feel extremely needed. He did give Legolas a run for his money with his aim though.
Thor 'Chris Hemsworth' has a lot of pressure on him about his brother. But he still came through for 'his' earth. I love Loki and his fight scenes. Always filled with steel hits and swift kicks. Loki 'Tom Hiddleston' was my favorite and seemed most passionate with his role. He's been hurt and thinks of himself as been betrayed. He wants revenge and to be a ruler. A King. I know he's the bad guy, but I still feel he is a fantastic character, who's going to surprise us. Tom Hiddleston is a fantastic actor. He embraces his role and really shines through. A real entrainer.
I highly recommend all superhero fans go see this movie. I don't care if you're for DC Comics, go. It grossed 1$ billion in just a few days, I think it's worth the watch.
Favorite Scene: Hulk Vs. Loki (is all I'm saying..)
Favorite quotes: (There were actually a bunch of great quotes!)
- "Puny god." - Hulk to Loki
- "No hard feelings Point Break, you've got a mean swing." Iron Man to Thor
- "Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Iron Man to Hulk
- Thor: "Have a care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother. "
Natasha Romanoff: "He killed eighty people in two days."
Thor: "He's adopted."
- Loki: "I have an army."
Tony Stark: "We have a Hulk."
- Natasha Romanoff: [discussing attacking Loki] But he's a god!
Steve Rogers: Ma'am, there's only one God, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.
- Agent Phil Coulson: "I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you, officially. I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping. I mean, I was, I was present while you were unconscious, from the ice. You know it's really just a, just a huge honour to have you on board."
- Tony Stark:(to Bruce Banner) "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"
- Bruce Banner: "I got low. I didn't see an end so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out. "
- Security Guard: "Are you an alien?"
Bruce Banner: "What?"
Security Guard: "From outer space, an alien."
Bruce Banner: "No."
Security Guard: "Well then son, you've got a condition."
- Tony Stark: [regaining consciousness] "What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me. "
- Agent Phil Coulson: "You're gonna lose."
Loki: (sneering])"Am I?"
Agent Phil Coulson: "It's in your nature."
- Young Shield Pilot: (Seeing The Avengers climb aboard the aircraft to fly to Manhatten) "You are not authorized to be here!"
Steve Rogers: "Son... just don't."
The whole cast had great chemistry and the banter was quick and humours. A real hit in my book!